So we have the ultimate Harlem Shake, Red Velvet Shake recipe
and all we need now is the perfect recipe for the perfect burger right?
Got you covered!
Here is the ultimate burger recipe from Harlem Shake in New York City #nyc #harlemshake #foodporn baby!
Harlem Classic Burger
- 5 ounces beef sirloin, trimmed of gristle, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces well-marbled beef chuck, trimmed of gristle, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 ounces well-marbled beef brisket, fat cap intact, trimmed of gristle, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 oz rib meat, trimmed off the bone, diced
- 2 tablespoons non-salted butter, at room temperature
- 4 Martin’s Potato Rolls
- 4 tablespoons Special Sauce (recipe follows)
- 12 slices homemade pickles, or substitute with your favorite Kosher Dill pickle slices
- 1 Sweet Vidalia onion, sliced very thin (or substitute for Maui sweet or Walla Walla onion)
- Optional: 8 center-cut slices Campari tomatoes (or substitute for another medium sized, juicy tomato with low acidity and high sugar content)
- Optional:1/4 head of iceberg lettuce, shredded into 1/8 inch thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- 4 slices yellow American cheese (substitute with Swiss or sharp cheddar to taste)
Special Sauce Ingredients
- yellow mustard
- sweet relish
- fresh ground black pepper
1. Combine meat in large bowl and toss to combine. Place on rimmed baking sheet and place in a freezer for 10 min or so, until firm, paying great attention not to freeze the meat. Using the kitchen timer/alarm is highly recommended. You can also chill the meat grinder blade at the same time. When ready, remove from freezer and pass meat through grinder twice. Form into eight pucks of 2 oz each. Refrigerate until ready for use.
2. Open buns, but do not split hinge. Spread lightly with butter, then place under broiler or in toaster oven until golden brown, about 1 minute. Place onions to taste on the bottom part of the bun, and follow with 3 pickle slices. Spread 1 tablespoon Special Sauce on top of the pickles. If desired, follow with lettuce and 2 tomato slices. You may improvise with the above ingredients for variety.
3. Using a paper towel, rub inside of heavy-bottomed 12-inch skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil, then place over medium-high heat until just beginning to smoke. Season beef spheres on top side with salt and pepper, then place, seasoned side down, in skillet. Using back of heavy, flat spatula, press down on beef firmly to form 4-inch round patties, being careful not to let it stick to bottom of spatula. (For each Harlem Classic you will need 2 patties). Season top side with salt and pepper. Cook without moving until crisp, about 2 minutes. Now scrape the patties and flip, for each Harlem Classic top one of the patties with one slice of cheese, and place the other patty on top of the cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted, about 1 min longer, paying attention not to over cook and dry out the meat.
4. Transfer the meat to top of the sandwiches, close sandwiches and serve.
Special Sauce: Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth, scraping down sides of blender with rubber spatula as necessary.