Everyone loves a runny egg recipe
or is that they can’t stand ANOTHER #runnyegg image on #instagram?
Well, here is the recipe for lovers of Italian food
And guess what? It is in SoHo New York
Milan in New York: Ink Carbonara with Braised Leeks from Sant Ambroeus
Chef Marco Barbisotti creates black ink spaghetti carbonara with braised leeks, pancetta and poached egg in New York City.
Author: Chef Marco Barbisotti
Recipe Type: Main, Primi
- 1 Lb. Black ink spaghetti
- ½ pound of smoky bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Leeks
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 Organic eggs
- 5 tablespoons of Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons Pecorino cheese
- To begin, clean and cut the leeks (Note: only use white and light green parts of the leeks) in a matchsticks (Julienne). Separately, cut smoky bacon in a medium dice. Render pancetta and add leeks. Then, salt and pepper before sautéing slightly.
- To build the pasta sauce, add vegetable broth to the pancetta and leeks, and cook for a few minutes. When the sauce is ready, add cold cubed butter (one piece at a time) and then swirl the sauté pan to emulsify the sauce.
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil. Then, add a generous amount of salt and the spaghetti. Cook until the pasta is al dente, then drain. After this, reserve 2 cups of the pasta water for later use.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, stir and then add pecorino cheese. Sauté over high heat for a minute to melt the flavors, thinning out the sauce as needed with some of the reserved pasta cooking water.
- For the poached egg, bring the water to a slow simmer than add 1 tea spoon of white vinegar add carefully place an egg in the water for 2 minutes. Place the egg on top of the spaghetti Carbonara, add some extra virgin olive oil, fresh pepper and bacon appetite!