Fall into Autumn with these deliciously decadent Sweet Potato (you can definitely substitute pumpkin) donuts from The Cooking Junket’s newest contributor Lisa, from Lisa’s Lemony Kitchen!
It jumps on the whole bandwagon of Pumpkin spiced lattes, Pumpkin M&Ms, Pumpkin ice-cream etc
Pumpkin and sweet potato are FULL of antioxidants – Eat orange fruit and vegetables to better health says Dr. Oz! We believe him on this occasion!
Nothing says Fall than pumpkin – use cinnamon or cloves, nutmeg and smell Fall in your kitchen!
Great idea to use up leftovers from Sunday Roast Dinner – why not!
Sweet Potato (Pumpkin)Donuts/Kuih Keria
- Place diced kumara in microwave safe container and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until soft (alternative – to steam).
- Strain and mash.
- Add salt and flours.
- Mix into a soft dough.
- Add additional flour bit by bit if its too soft.
- Divide into 40g balls.
- Dust fingers and palm with some flour and make a ball.
- Flatten and make a hole, shape into donuts.
- Heat up oil in saucepan/ wok.
- Fry donuts on medium low heat.
- Flip donuts every now and then to cook it evenly.
- Donuts are ready when they floats and golden in colour.
- Heat up sugar and water.
- Give it a quick stir.
- Leave it to boil, then add donuts.
- Stir to coat.
- Keep stirring until little sugar crystals starts to form.
- Leave to cool.
- Serve with a cup a coffee.