Can’t stand another egg white omelette?
Don’t want to turn on the stove because of the New York heat?
Well, don’t skip breakfast just yet, we know it’s great for you – especially if you want to lose weight or stay bikini thin this summer
Inspired by our favourite French blogger, Jilly from Sew French, here is a gorgeous brunch recipe
Red Berries Cereal from Sew French
I find freeze dried berries at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods.
I love almonds in this recipe. Pecans or pistachios are a great choice too.
The cereal keeps for about 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- 4 cups rolled oats (do not use instant)
- 1/3 cup quinoa or millet, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of oil. I use sunflower.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of freeze dried strawberries or raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Salt to taste. I use a scant 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt.
- Mix-ins: chocolate chips, freeze-dried bananas
Preheat oven to 325
Line a large baking tray with tinfoil.
Set aside 1/3 cup of shredded coconut and the 1/2 cup of slivered almonds. If you’re using coconut oil, place it on the tinfoil-lined pan and bake in the oven for a few minutes until melted. Once the coconut oil has melted, take the pan out of the oven. Put all the other ingredients on the pan, (except for the 1/3 cup reserved coconut and the slivered almonds.) Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, toss the cereal with the reserved almonds and bake for another 10 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven and let cool. Stir in the remaining shredded coconut and the strawberries. Enjoy!