WE LOVE BRUNCH!
Melbournian’s will remember the very trendy and very hip Zucchini and ricotta pancake phase that all Melbourne cafes pumped out during weekend brunch sessions
Well, forget the long queues and eat these totally addictive fritters from Sew French
Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Fritter Recipe
Some Notes & Tips
Check out all my my vegetable fritters and vegetarian recipes in the Recipe Index.
- 1 generous cup of cooked broccoli, cooled and diced into very small pieces
- 4-6 scallions, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (optional)
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of self rising flour
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for pan frying
- To Serve: lime wedges, creme fraiche, sour cream, Greek yogurt, salsa, hot sauce
Place the broccoli, quinoa, cheese, jalapeno pepper, scallions, lime zest, parsley, milk, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Add self rising flour to the bowl and stir everything together. Start with 1/3 cup of self rising flour and add more if the mixture seems too wet.