Ever feel like you’re on the same boring routine?
If you’re a health junkie, we love you for it, but seriously, how many times do you have to eat the same boring meal over and over again?
If you want to still get your nutrients and eat well – you have to get creative with some inspriing new recipes
Bhojana Recipes is helping you revamp and use oats in a new and exciting way with these delicious, and easy oat snacks!
Bhojana Recipes says: Very easy to make, healthy, tasty and fibre rich. You can add any vegetable in hand to make it more nutritious and healthy. I used green peas, capsicum, and carrot.
SEE ALSO THE RECIPES OF OATS SNACK BAR, INSTANT OATS DOSA, OATS IDLI
Fibre-rich oat snacks
Recipe Type: snack
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- Quick Oats 2 cups (200 gms)
- Grated vegetables like grated carrot, cabbage,capsicum etc.,
- Finely chopped green chilies and ginger 1 tea spoon
- Oil 2 teaspoons
- Mustard seeds and urad dal for seasoning
- Curry leaves and Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast oats until a nice aroma is released – be careful not to burn them
- Grate or finely chop the veggies
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add mustard seeds and urad dal.
- After they splutter add the chillies and ginger.
- Then fry the vegetables in medium flame for a minute with required salt.
- Add the oats and stir well.
- Pour 2 cups of water and stir quickly, since the mixutre will turn thick very quickly.
- Switch off the stove and allow to cool a little
- Grease your hand with little oil and make small balls out of oats and veg mix and steam them out for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with any chutney.