Go crazy at a farmers market over the weekend and have a HUGE head of cabbage to eat?
Well, waste not want not – unless you’re an inspired by OzHarvest and can be thirty and sustainable in the kitchen, don’t let things go to waste and whip up this delicious Cabbage with Roasted Besan Flour!
Bhojana Recipes says: Roasted besan flour adds fine taste, texture and aroma to the stuff. I tried this with cabbage and it was a lip smacking side dish for rice and roti….
Ingredients for making Cabbage with Roasted besan flour:
Cabbage chopped into thin long pieces 1 bowl (500 gms)
Chopped onions 1 cup
Crushed garlic 4 cloves
Mustard seeds 1/2 tea spoon
Cumin seeds 1/2 tea spoon
Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
Besan Flour 3 tb spoons
Oil 3 tb spoons
Salt to taste
How to make Spicy Cabbage with Roasted Besan Flour?
- Heat a wok and in medium flame dry roast the besan flour carefully to golden brown without burning it and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute it with mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- After it splutters add the onions and fry till colour changes and now add the garlic and give a stir.
- Add little turmeric powder and salt and stir.
- Now add the cabbage.
- Don’t add water or don’t close the lid.
- Let the cabbage get cooked by stirring then and there for 10 minutes in medium flame.
- Now add the red chilly powder and mix well.
- Add the rosted besan flour and stir for a minute.
- Garnish with curry leaves.