Doesn’t mean you can’t eat well.
Forget easy go-to options like ordering take away and regretting it later, there are ways to eat better, even if you are a corporate professional striving to be a corporate exec and move up the corporate ladder….
What a way to make a living!
On weekends, make the most of having some time off and step into the kitchen.
Each week, The Cooking Junket will bring you some easy recipes that you can make on weekends and freeze/store to eat throughout the week.
All recipes are tested by a self-professed corporate wanna-be, trying to get out of the financial game in NYC
Things to make with tortillas?
Cheese and bacon wraps
Taiwanese Egg Rolls
Mexican ‘Chipotle’ inspired burritos
- 3 cups flour
- Small pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine flour with salt and baking powder
- Mix lightly with a pastry cutter or your fingers
- Slowly add in half the water, followed by the vegetable oil
- Mix lightly to combine, adding more water to get a smooth, even dough
- Slightly work, by kneading the dough and bring together to form a nice ball
- Cover with cling wrap and place aside for at least 15 minutes to ‘rest’
- (Check your emails, take a pic of your flour-y face on instagram and show your friends you’re baking)
- When ready, divide the dough in half, then half again and half again, until you get small balls about the size of a small egg
- Add extra flour onto a wooden board and roll out
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil and place the tortilla over a medium heat
- Cook for about 30 seconds before flipping
- Repeat for remaining dough
- To store, put cooled tortillas in a clean plastic bag and put in the freezer