The BEST cocktail for gossip, and wedding planning with your girls
|Image: My Little SoHo Kitchen
Is it impossible? Absolutely not!
To celebrate planning the perfect wedding day, here is a cocktail to get you in the mood.
Inspired by the gorgeous girls from Lover.ly, you will love this cocktail from my new book, My Little SoHo Kitchen.
What’s more chic… shopping in SoHo, New York and finishing off with a cocktail with your girls
Makes 2 cocktails
Lime zest from 1 lime
Mango 1, peeled and diced
Mint leaves a few
Large ice cubes 2
Plum wine 15 ml (1/2 fl oz)
Fresh lime juice 30 ml (1 fl oz)
White rum 30 ml (1 fl oz)
Dark rum 30 ml (1 fl oz)
Mango purée 90 ml (3 fl oz)
Lime rind 5-cm (2-in) peel
1. Divide lime zest, mango and mint leaves between each glass.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine remaining ingredients, except lime rind and sparkling water. Give a few shakes to break up the ice.
3. Pour over a cocktail strainer into serving glasses.
4. Light a match and hold it between the surface of the drink and the lime rind. With the flame closer to the rind, squeeze the rind a couple of times while flaming it. This gives the cocktail a nice citrusy aroma.
5. Serve immediately with sparkling water for an easier drink.