Party Food made easy!
Pairing Wine and Cheese is easy
There are so many rules, so many discussions and so many combinations
But what about pairing Highball Drinks with ….. blank?
Here is a simple recipe from My Little SoHo Kitchen to help you pair your favourite Highball for the Summer getaway in Cape Cod.
We’re getting inspiration from Mix Specialist and Bartender
Shaher Misif from Highball Lounge, Boston and pairing My Little SoHo Kitchen Devilled Eggs with Crispy Fried Oysters
|Image: My Little SoHo Kitchen Devilled Eggs – Re-created!
Devilled Eggs with Fried Oysters
Makes 12 servings
Eggs 6 + 1 for batter
Plain (all-purpose) flour 60 g (2 oz)
Ground black pepper 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Cooking oil for deep-frying
Fresh oysters 12, shucked and drained
Dry breadcrumbs 50 g (12/3 oz)
Avocado 1/2, peeled, seeded and mashed
Mayonnaise 2 Tbsp
Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
Small pickled onions 3, finely sliced
1. Beat 1 egg and set aside.
2. Combine flour with pepper and salt. Set aside.
3. In a deep saucepan, heat oil to deep-fry oysters.
4. When the oil is about 180˚C (350˚F), dip oysters in flour mixture, followed by beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess batter. Drop coated oysters into the oil and deep-fry for about 1 minute, until the batter is crisp and golden. Drain on a wire rack.
5. Place remaining eggs in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Let eggs cook in boiling water for about 6–7 minutes, until the yolks are still moist in the middle but the whites
6. Plunge eggs into cold water before peeling. Halve eggs and remove the yolks. Set the whites aside.
7. In a small bowl, mash egg yolks and add remaining ingredients, except pickled onions,
to make a paste. Mash until it reaches a desired consistency. I like some chunks in mine. Spoon mixture back into the hollowed out eggs.
8. Top with oysters and pickled onions. Serve immediately.
|Image: My Little SoHo Kitchen