|Mini Mushroom and Prosciutto Quiche
image from My Little SoHo Kitchen
I love Prosciutto
The smokey flavour is a great addition to jazz up any party appetizer for the Holiday season
In lieu of the party season, leading up to Thanksgiving and Christmas, here is my absolutely favourite recipe for mini prosciutto and mushroom quiches… YUM!!
This is a recipe from my latest book: My Little SoHo Kitchen (Marhsall Cavnedish Publishers).
You can find this recipe and over 60 delicious ideas in the kitchen from my kitchen to yours.
Don’t let space and a small kitchen limit what you make these Holidays… EAT! and let your heart be Merry!
Mini Mushroom and Prosciutto Quiche
Makes at least 24 mini quiches
Prosciutto (Parma Ham) 3-4 rasher, roughly chopped
Double (heavy) cream 150 ml (5 fl oz)
Sour cream 2 Tbsp
Mushrooms a handful, finely diced
Gruyère or real Cheddar cheese 100 g (31/2 oz), grated
Large pastry sheets at least 2
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C (400˚F).
2. Fry Prosciutto until crispy. Set aside.
3. Lightly beat eggs and add fried Prosciutto double cream and sour cream. Mix before adding mushrooms and grated cheese. Set quiche custard aside.
4. Roll out pastry sheets. Cut out mini rounds with a pastry cutter or floured rim of a small cup. Fit pastry rounds into greased molds of a mini muffin tray. Prick the base and edges of the pastry with a fork.
5. Pour quiche custard into pastry rounds and bake for about 10 minutes, until fluffy and risen.
6. Serve warm
Follow Parma Ham on Twitter for a chance to win $50 worth of the world’s most famous ham. Click on the banner below to participate. This post is a collaboration between the blogger and Parma Ham.